OSX Package for Padre 0.92

I’m happy to provide the osx dmg for the latest Padre Perl IDE release, 0.92. The march to 1.0 continues thanks to the great work done by the Padre team! As usual, I used the Cava Packager to bundle the CPAN Padre with a few core plugins.

Please check this page for the latest package, and info on how to report bugs.

We would appreciate any testing you do on OSX, and please report bugs you run into. Why not stop by #padre and say hi while you download?

Note: Padre on OSX still has a number of rough edges.

Post to Twitter Post to Digg Post to Facebook Send Gmail Post to LinkedIn Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

About Tom
I work in a healthcare technology startup. These days, I attempt to code in Perl, and this blog is about the Wild Perl we write, startup life, and many other things.

6 Responses to OSX Package for Padre 0.92

1. Adriano says:

How come ‘Autocomplete’ is cmd-space? This opens Spotlight (standard Mac OS X behaviour)

2. Hank says:

The link says it’s version .92, but the file that’s downloaded is version .90.0.116

3. Tom says:

Hi Adriano,

Right on, that keybinding needs to be special cased by default for OSX. Got any suggestions for what a good autocomplete key would be for OSX?

4. Tom says:

Hi Hank,

How did you determine which version was downloaded? In the Help->About a version is shown at the top. If that’s not 0.92 then there is a bad link on my site.

The download link to the file directly is: http://wildperl.com/wp-content/uploads/Padre/padre-osx-uni-0-92-0.dmg

5. Hank says:

Tom,

You’re correct. It does say .92 in Help->About. I was looking in the Finder’s Get Info window where it says version .90.0.116. I didn’t think to look under the Help menu. I was trying to open Padre IDE->About… but I never got a window to open.

6. Tom says:

Hi Hank,

I never remember to look under Help either. Getting that PadreIDE->About to work is on my wish list.

Regarding Finder get info, for some reason I can’t find out where a version number is shown there. Any chance you can upload a screenshot somewhere? I’d like to get that fixed as well.

Thanks, Tom